Friday, May 8, 2020

The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

One of my favorite books when I was young... I enjoyed it again with my daughters... and it is still one of my favorites!

When bombs rain down on London during WW2, Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy are sent to live in the country where they will be safe.

They stay in a giant house, and one day while playing, Lucy crawls into a big old wardrobe to hide and pushing to the back, finds herself in another land where it is snowy and cold and animals, like beavers, can talk.

Along comes Mr. Tumnus, a faun man who's bottom half is that of a goat, with a tail and hooves. He is excited and pleased because he has never meet human girl before. He polity invites Lucy to his house for tea. In his cozy home, Mr. Tumnus tells Lucy all about Narnia, his world, and the White Witch who makes it winter all the time, (but never Christmas!).

When Lucy returns back through the wardrobe to her world, her siblings don't believe her when she tells them all about the Narnia and her new friend Mr. Tumnus, until one day when they were all hiding from the housekeeper, and they all end up in the wardrobe, stumbling into Narnia. 

What follows if a fantastic magical story of good vs evil. 

I highly recommend this for all young folks (and adults). I regret that I never finished the other books in the series, but I do own them and will put them on top of my to-be-read pile, if I can find my ladder.




No comments:

Post a Comment